Thursday, July 19, 2007

Singing Loo

While in Townsville we decided to go to Magnetic Island by ferry, got off the boat and was lost, asked at Compass property group at Nellie Bay "Where is Arcadia Resort?". Lady called Buzzie Bowerman offered us a ride in her car, dropped us at the pub and showed us the way to get back on the bus. (we had never met this lady before, how nice can some people be?). Met young back packer at the pub who said he had found a toilet on the island that to open the door you pushed a button, door opens automatically, "welcome to Xaloo" says recording, door closes, "door will open in ten minutes", sit down music plays "Why do birds whisper bright above....." finish loo, door opens "Thank you for useing Xaloo" 'just like me they long to be close to you, la la la la close to you.' See what you find out when you travel, who would have known of the singing loo?. From Townsville to Gladstone was loony drivers, wild truckies, nutty eagles and nice sunshine, Nev's brother in law fed us and then some one got rid of a bottle of Bourbon, (me) and 20 cans of beer, (us). Today we were taken by car to see the sights of Gladstone which did include a bottle shop for me and a hardware shop for Nev. When we pulled in here yesterday I nearly dropped the Wing and the people over the road came to see the machines, I was shaking so they gave us a beer and offered me a 'foil', I thought it was a nice gesture but I do not indulge.

No comments: