Friday, July 06, 2007

The Top End

I have found a poota at last, my son has been transfering my SMS to the site, we came up via Newman and there is no Optus signal all the way to Broome. We are now in Darwin for three days, the place is packed out with young people from all over the world, my French, German, Spanish and Japanese got a good work out last night, Nev, my co rider who is a real ladies man does not have another language L.O.L. It is 30 deg. sun shining, blue skies, the bikes are in the pub carpark under their own covers but the security is tops, I dropped a chip from my camera in the bar last night and the security guard saw it and came and found me to return it, I left my very expensive, sentimental rings in a resort a few days ago, the manager contacted me and is sending them to my home; we have had that much good luck on this trip including close head on ( lady fell asleep ) plus dingos and large animals. Nearly time for the bar to open, back to Katherine on Monday then we start East towards 3 ways then Townsville. We will separate North of Brisbane, Nev has other commitments, I will finish the trip alone, I have covered over 13000 Ks so far and what a trip it has been, I will do it again if I can, I have learnt so much this time. The bar is open, Be Lucky Bandit

No comments: