Thursday, June 21, 2007

Bottle shops around Oz

Mail arrived today from Mike (Coffs A.G.M.) suggesting I write a book on bottle shops around Australia ( could this be a best 'cellar' I wonder? ). Today my mate took off for Broome and I borrowed his car (smaller than the Wing) found chemist, pub, bottle shop and deli; Returned to his fridge/freezer to find it PACKED to the limit with food, I am only a small person and my stomach holds Bourbon not food. Mate just rang from Broome to tell to put the garbage out. "They lend U their house, car, fridge/freezer, garage, dog, cat and then wan't U to put the garbage out" U won't find better people than that. We think that the last time we met was over 25 years ago in Penrith, my sons called him 'Wickers" coz he had whiskers (not the cat food) The weather forecast does not look real flash but the Eastern States are copping more than us, looks like we got through just in time. Wednesday we start heading North and the warmer weather, I hope, the nice people we met from Florida on the ferry South of Melbourne (Queenscliff?)they WERE cold. If they read this I hope you went to Currumbin Surf Club, I gave them the address of this site as I do to all that are interested. They are very nice people who seemed suprised that Ozzies were so friendly,some of the friendliest people I met was in America I hope we made a good impression (Wild Hogs, Mild Dogs?). We were refuelling one day when a man in a suit and tie remarked 'I envy you blokes' we agreed. ( my favorite statement "How lucky am I?" ) Robbin Williams 'Sieze the day' Be Lucky Bandit On The Wing

No comments: