Saturday, June 23, 2007

Rain woke me

Tiz 0400 Western time, the rain is so heavy it woke me (now who want's to by a motor bike?) co rider rang yesterday to say his tent is leaking real bad and he is not taking it with him when we move on, told him 'too old' for tents. Trying to arrange get together of Ulysses members at the end of the trip at Currumbin Surf Club, still a long way to go and not easy to organise while on the road, will need a great deal of help, not sure when I arrive, about end of August. I would like to make a D.V.D of this trip, it is not the same as 'The Long Way Round' but I am not halfway round yet, still got to go up and over top yet, all downhill from Townsville, I know that road. Co rider, who knows these things, has suggested we go slightly inland on West coast as there are more places to stop if we need to, as long as I can see the ocean on my left then I am heading in the right direction. (blue one on the left, brown one on the right. Too easy) who needs G.P.S.? Been stopped for three days, hot showers, home cooked food, Bourbon and just lazing around, this is the life; can't afford it but too late now, I am here. Sorry Kids I just spent your inheritance, they said 'Go for it' and I have :-). Just had very loud noises on window, the cat has come back, so I now have the cat and the dog who do not understand why I am here and my mate is not, I did try to explain it to them but I only speak 'drunk' and not 'little animal'; as long as I feed them we will get along.

No comments: